Thursday 6 August 2015

The added touch.

As a teacher planning is definitely a regular past time of mine, but anytime event planning is necessary I am even more thrilled! I like to consider myself a self proclaimed event planner - in the making. With having recently planned my first baby shower event [ I am going to be an aunty! ] I thought I would highlight some of the stand out items & moments. 
Event planning can definitely be overwhelming & therefore I highly suggest not doing it all yourself. Family & friends can be the best of helpers [ they were fabulous caterers in my case ] for making your event come together brilliantly. With potentially having a variety of helping hands I highly suggest choosing a theme, colours, or both. We decided on a nautical theme, with navy blue and white as our colours to suit the parents' wish for a nautical themed nursery for their future little man. With everyone knowing the theme and the colours, it allowed for everything to fit perfectly together on the day.
The little details make a big difference. We opted for an alcohol free shower with the exception of serving champagne for a champagne toast to start the event. Serving non-alcoholic to the mommy-to-be of course, and all guests who preferred. Starting with a short and very sweet toast given by my mother, one of the soon to be grandmothers, was a wonderful way to honour the parents-to-be & thank everyone for joining. The compliments received by the nautical touch to the glasses were well worth the time it took my talented stepmother to decorate them.
photo-3
Two of my favourite pieces used for decor during the party were then gifted to the parents as decor pieces for the nursery. These were gifts I wanted to purchase anyways, & using them instead of wrapping them added a beautiful country-home touch to the shower.
photo-4Shea's Books
The beautiful wooden sign was created by the wonderful B&C signs! A local small business of Ottawa, Ontario, that makes custom wooden signs. This was the second sign that I have had made by them and once again, I could not be happier! Not only are they great at what they do, but have just the sweetest customer service as well.
The wooden book crate was my very own [ and first! ] DIY project that I created with the wonderful help of my boyfriend, Ryan! As a teacher, I could not help myself but encourage guests to help build my nephew's library by suggesting to those interested to bring a book, instead of a card and to write their memorable note on the inside. With so many people gifting books I thought the crate would be a great addition to organize these books both at the event and in the nursery. These two wooden accents added just the write amount of country-chic to our shower, and can be life long pieces for the family.
You can now follow Ms. Elizabeth A. on Pinterest! Check out my new baby shower board for more fabulous ideas! Feel free to email me at mselizabetha.online@gmail.com if you have any specific questions.
Happy March to you all,
XO
Ms. Elizabeth A. 

No comments:

Post a Comment