Thursday 6 August 2015

Pretty planning.

photo 1
Iced coffee and pretty stationery make the planning process for teaching so much more enjoyable. If I am honest, I actually love the planning process but I know it is not for everyone, so I thought I would share some of my pretty planning essentials with you all on this beautiful Monday morning [It is a holiday here in Canada, Happy Victoria Day lovelies!].
Recently my love for planning grew [yes, it's possible] with my recent purchase of planning stickers from the wonderful [and Canadian!] Britne Letourneau of @lets.plan.it.brit . I fell in love with her pastel collection, and was so excited to see her school teacher stickers.
photo 2
photo 1
I love how her stickers suit both my teaching and home life. With adorable ice cream and heart checklist stickers I can easily keep track of personal to do lists and teaching must do's by period. Not only are her own creations wonderful, but this girl does fabulous custom designs too! I went for some exam stickers for my students'  upcoming finals, and tweaked her school collection to have a pay day flag. I truly could not be happier with the look and quality of these planner stickers, and cannot wait to make my massive order for next school year!
Another beautiful boss lady I must mention this morning is the brilliant Blair Turner of @onelessonatatime . The creator of Blair Turner Paper, and the brilliant mind behind the incredible Very Busy Box. If you have not signed up to treat yourself to a surprise delivery of adorably useful stationery you need to add this to your to do list, now. After a busy three months of teaching and completing my intermediate math additional qualification I decided to listen to the May cover of my Kate Spade planner and treat myself with Blair's May Very Busy Box, and I was not disappointed.
photo 4
I absolutely love how Blair [& Steve!] include a personal note and description of all the goodies and their shops, making it easy for us very busy people to repurchase our favourite items and find new stationery must haves! Being a self diagnosed list writer addict, I was so pleased to see not one but three paper products; an All Out Of checklist from the always fun Knock Knock, making grocery list writing a breeze, and two gorgeous and inspiring note pads from Blair's own collection. Clearly, I am one happy list maker, but perhaps I should vow to not purchasing any new paper products until I finish these.. we'll see.
photo 2
The gold facet box from Creative Co-Op , and my new friend Teddie the turtle from Oh Hello Friend added the perfect antique touch to my workspace and organized my papers and paper clips. As much as I love to say I have the summers off, I spend a lot of my time planning in my office where I enjoy opening the windows and taking in all the fresh air I can get. Teddie will definitely be put to good use this year, by helping me keep my important papers in place.
photo 3
With taking the words right off my new Blair Turner Paper pad BE JOYFUL NOW and treat yourself to some pretty planning accessories and ENJOY the planning process. As for summer planning, this year I have scheduled planning days with one of my coworkers as a way for us to motivate each other, and make September a little less crazy!
Wishing all of you a fabulous spring, and end to the school year. Countdown your days until summer vacation with me by saving this photo and add your number of days left, upload to Instagram and hashtag #mselizabetha .
photo 5

No comments:

Post a Comment