Sunday 18 October 2015

For the love of DIYs & babies.

As much as I love creating for teaching, I also love all things stationery. I am so excited to let you all know that soon I will be opening a Ms. Elizabeth A. Etsy shop to share many of my stationery designs with you! To help celebrate this exciting news, I want to share a few temporary freebies, enjoy!

This past weekend I enjoyed creating adorable tags and tickets for the easiest (& most delicious) baby shower game that I am so happy to share with you!

First, you must find an adorable jar, maybe you have one around your house, or you may have to buy one like I did. I used a large mason jar from Michael's to suit the rustic & simplistic style of our wonderful mama to be, and it only cost $2.50, as it was originally $4.99, but I used a 50% off coupon - yay for discounts!

Once you have your jar, you get to make the sweetest of decisions and decide what type of candy or candies you would like to fill your jar with. I originally wanted to do Cadbury mini-eggs, because I absolutely love their pastel colours, however for some reason finding the large bags of them was harder than I thought and therefore I went with delicious Hershey hugs & kisses! While filling your jar make sure to count how many candies are placed inside as this will be the number your guests will have to guess to win! If no one guesses the correct number, the guest with the closest number, wins the beautiful jar of candy!

For added charm, and to better fit the feel of the festivities I tied the rim with twine I purchased at the Dollar Tree for $1.15, and a cute kraft tag to let guests know what it is they need to do to play. I also created pretty-in-pink guess tickets to celebrate the baby girl without going pink overboard. A simple kraft gift bag was used to collect the guesses, which was also purchased at the Dollar Tree for $1.15 (for 3 bags!).

You can of course print these tags and tickets on any colour you wish, card stock paper works best for durability! Please share your games & prints with me through Instagram: @ms.elizabeth.ca or #mselizabetha as I would LOVE to see what you do!

No comments:

Post a Comment